In partnership with the Center for Cyber Safety and Education
Where: Miami-Dade, Broward and Palm Beach County schools
WHAT IS CYBER SAFETY DAY?
A one-day event to provide as many Grade 3 students as possible within SE Florida with online safety education. This is a joint effort of businesses and community leaders to ensure public elementary children receive skills to become responsible digital citizens with Garfield’s Cyber Safety Adventures and funded through sponsorships and donations.
WHY CYBER SAFETY EDUCATION?
· 90% of kids have web connected devices
· 400K kids per year are victims to identity theft
· 50% kids 6-9 years old regularly use social networks
· 40% kids chatted online with a stranger
WHO CAN PARTICIPATE?
• SCHOOLS: All public elementary schools in Miami-Dade, Broward, and Palm Beach Counties are highly encouraged to register prior to the event deadline! First come, first serve.
• COMPANIES: Tech-centric, community-driven sponsors that want a unique opportunity to provide cyber safety education, tools, and awareness city wide.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
• Necessities for Children encourages elementary schools to register for participation. Community leaders, supporters, and volunteers work to secure sponsors and donations to provide FREE Garfield’s Cyber Safety Adventures classroom education lessons for Cyber Safety Day.
• One elementary school will be chosen for media coverage, local press, community leaders, and VIP sponsors.
• Teachers/Media Specialists will conduct the 30-minute Garfield lesson on specified Cyber Safety Day.
“We have had many incidents of cyber bullying outside of school that ends up coming back to school. Kids these days do not know how to be good digital citizens. As a teacher, it is my responsibility to help them understand the digital world.”
For additional information, visit https://www.iamcybersafe.org/s/cyber-safety-day-southeast-fl-2021 or contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org