Time & Location
About the Event
WHY CYBER SAFETY EDUCATION?
· 90% of kids have web connected devices
· 400K kids per year are victims to identity theft
· 50% kids 6-9 years old regularly use social networks
· 40% kids chatted online with a strangerWHO CAN PARTICIPATE?
• SCHOOLS: All public elementary schools are highly encouraged to register in their city prior to the event deadline! First come, first serve.
• COMPANIES: Tech-centric, community-driven sponsors that want a unique opportunity to provide cyber safety education, tools, and awareness city wide.HOW DOES IT WORK?
• Necessities For Children encourages elementary schools to register for participation. Community leaders, supporters, and volunteers work to secure sponsors and donations to provide FREE Garfield’s Cyber Safety Adventures classroom education lessons for Cyber Safety Day.
• One elementary school will be chosen for media coverage, local press, community leaders, and VIP sponsors.
• Teachers/Media Specialists will conduct the 30-minute Garfield lesson on specified Cyber Safety Day.
Join us ~ funded through sponsorships and donations.